Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful- 26 here we come!

First of all, thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy Bday yesterday... I always love how popular I feel on Facebook (and now Twitter) when every hour I have new wall messages or tweets!

My cookout was amazing (Katie Schulze is sending me her pics b/c I was distracted by all my favorite people!) - we had a great turnout, great weather, and great burgers! My hubs is quite the griller, turns out!

What am I thankful for?

1. My God. The fact that I may wander away and become a self-absorbed 20-something year old who pouts, complains, worries, and gets stressed out way too easily...but He never leaves or forsakes me. I do not deserve any of it.

2. My Husband who was clearly made for me. He loves me in a way that is perfect...for me. He puts up with my moods, my bad habits, and other Abby-isms. I feel unworthy at times and wonder how on Earth this man (who has seen me at my WORST) still is completely in love with me. Man, I am blessed.

3. My family. Through painful times and joyful times... I am in a place in life where I know everyone is taken care of and happy. It hasn't always been like that, but God works ALL things together for good...for those who love Him.

4. My FRIENDS... Last night made me so thankful that I had friends who would take time out of their busy schedules to spend a night with ME. I mean I am overwhelmed by how many bday cards and GIFTS I got last night... some from people who I forgot their bday, missed their party, and maybe forgot to even buy them a gift. Again, grace.

5. My health and my life... Right now everyone close to me is healthy and happy. I am not sure how long that will stay or ring true...but right now it does amidst so many families dealing with pain, suffering, and tragic loss. I don't know why God chooses certain families to face these trials and not others...but for now I am thankful that God has protected my family- from tragedy, from cancer, and numerous other things. I pray I will never take this for granted. Lord we praise you for we are fearfully and wonderfully made!

& so much more...

So much can change in 1 year. 1 year + 1 day ago... Logan asked my mom's permission to marry me. And here we are today. Excited to see what 26 brings!

my lovely cards

Steins bakery cupcakes... I swear by them ;) Its ghetto, but SO GOOD! (and cheap!)

Good friends... (Well this is just one of them, but you get the idea!)
Sidenote: I am starting to notice more grey hairs... And getting paranoid that if I keep plucking them out, I am either going to go bald or ALL grey. (you know- the whole, pluck it out and 10 grow back in its place)You blondies are lucky...it hides much better!
*** More bday pics to come***

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...