Thursday, March 22, 2012

Carcassonne in the Spring

My mom flew out of Toulouse on Sunday, so we headed down a night early since she had to be at the airport at 5am! We checked into our hotel and jetted off to Carcassonne for the day.  (Carcassonne is where we visited for our 2 year anniversary and its only 45 minutes from Toulouse) To refresh your memory, it is a medieval town that is still operating today complete with remparts (city walls), cobblestone streets, a gothic church, and of course, a chateau. We had a GREAT day! It was a bit windy and chilly, but we made frequent stops in the local artisan shops and candy stores.  I came away with some new shades and my mom got 2 cute new shirts and a trendy purple leather handbag- its AMAZINGLY beautiful! (And how adorable is my Mom's jacket? I bought it for her birthday and wish I had one for myself!) 

The below are Baby Canon's pictures- she is such a show off ;) Now if I could only understand her older sibling, Photoshop Elements, I would be set! 
IMG_9053
IMG_9051
IMG_9054
IMG_9057
IMG_9065
IMG_9066
IMG_9050
IMG_9076
IMG_9079
IMG_9084
IMG_9086
IMG_9092
IMG_9097

IMG_9067
IMG_9073
IMG_9082

4 comments:

  1. The French always tell me I Must visit Carcassonne for the architecture, but I had no idea there was great shopping there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, for showing your mom a great time. great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shopping was incredible! The architecture amazing! The company superb!
    XOXO, Mom
    P.S. I miss my Abby-girl (and of course, Logan Misegades)...Chris said we could NOT come next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I still haven't gotten to Carcassonne, it's way up on the list. Your photos are great! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...