Friday, May 11, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Success!

This past Monday, we had the night off so I decided to get creative and try one of my many Pinterest "YUM" pins.  It was easy, I had all the ingredients, and it was a quick process.  Much to my delight, Logan and I both LOVED it! In fact, I am going to cook this for our clients next week for dinner.  Let's hope the Frenchies like it too :) 


The "Pinterest" picture:
My outcome (we did not have cherry tomatoes, so I chopped up regular ones):

Ingredients: 
  • 2 skinless chicken breast halves, diced in 1 inch cubes
  • 1/2 tsp each of dried oregano and dried basil
  • salt and pepper
  • 8 oz spaghetti 
  • 2 cups tomatoes, chopped (or cherry tomatoes cut in halves)
  • 6 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
  • 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Directions: 

    1. Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Heat a large skillet on high heat with olive oil. When hot, add chicken. Cook about 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
    2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
    3. While pasta cooks, add olive oil to skillet on high heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté about 4-5 minutes. 
    4. When pasta is drained, add pasta to tomatoes and toss well. If pasta seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water.  (I also added some extra olive oil) 
    5. Add fresh basil and chicken and toss well. Serve and top with parmesan cheese.

    BON APPETIT! 

    3 comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...