Monday, May 21, 2012

Versatile Blog Award



WHAT? Did I just get nominated for a Blog award? I feel SO special, thanks Sarah! Sarah is the FIRST person I reached out to last year when we found out we were moving to France. I stumbled across her blog Sarah in Le Petite Village and she graciously gave me a ton of advice and we have quickly become French friends, even though we have yet to meet! BUT rumor has it she may be moving closer to us soon.... hmmm....



The rules for this award are as followed:
  1. Nominate 5 Fellow Bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
  2. Add an image of the Versatile Blogger Award
  3. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link to their site.
  4. Share 7 completely random facts about yourself.
  5. Include this set of rules.
  6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination.

My nominations go to:
  • Kristin at Pondhoppin - One of my BEST friends from Neiman Marcus- we both worked on Bergdorf Goodman and quit to move to Europe with our husbands.  She is now adventuring in LONDON! We can't wait to visit them this Fall. 
  • Jayne & Katie at I'll Take Two - Jayne is one of my best friends from Dallas and she is now living in Kansas City and co-blogs with her ever-adorable sister Katie who resides in DC! You will love their daily dose of cute. 
  • Sarah at Racing Towards Joy - Sarah is someone I look up to immensely.  We have known each other since high school and she is one of the most encouraging individuals I know. Her blog is always so honest and inspiring. 
  • Chickster at Up, Up, & Awayz -  Chickster and I have been navigating our first year through French life together.   I love reading her hilarious tales of her new French endeavors.  A Texas girl after my own heart. 
  • Kristin at Un Homme et Une Femme - Another favorite French read! Kristin just made the hop from NYC to Paris and is figuring out the cultural differences alongside all of us new expats :)  She recently invited us up to Paris for a party, but I will sadly be in Texas... next time! 
Okay so now for my 7 Random things:
  1. I have been on the Home Shopping Network.  Yep, I sold watches on live television. It was one of the scariest but most amazing experiences of my life. 
  2. I don't like animals.  At all.  But I do like children... I'm not that heartless :) 
  3. I lived in Nashville, Tennessee for 5 years when I was little bitty.  I have VERY fond memories there and think its absolutely gorgeous, although I have never cared for country music. 
  4. I am addicted to Nicholas Sparks books.  Because of this, I tend to think I would incredibly happy living anywhere in North Carolina since all of his novels take place there. I can't wait to see "The Lucky One" when I am in Texas next month- that was the book I read on our honeymoon so it holds a special place in my heart. 
  5. My little sister KATY is moving to AUSTIN this fall to start a teaching job in Leander. I am SO proud of her and cannot wait to visit her in my favorite city in Texas.  (She teaches high school Spanish. We are hoping to have trilingual babies someday!)  
  6. I have been to Hawaii twice and its about my most favorite place on Earth.  My Dad used to have business there, so we got to tag along with him. We've stayed in Kawaii and Oahu. (#brag)
  7. I was a Level 8 competitive gymnast.  I started gymnastics when I was 5 and by 7th grade I was practicing 20 hours per week.  I quit in 9th grade when I "sold my soul to cheerleading" as my gymnastics coach put it. ha! GO WILDCATS!!! 

7 comments:

  1. i am smiling right now. congrats! great post.

    i love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Told you so...so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks Abby! We are honored :) We will pass the award along soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Abby! Thank you so much :) So sweet of you to include me in this! I'm so bummed you two can't make it... promise next time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abby! You ABSOLUTELY deserve that award! You are RIDICULoUSLY talented! I look forward to when I get to read your posts! Love you friend! 24 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seriously impressed by your stint on the Home Shopping Network! Please tell me you have an old clip you can post on your blog???
    OK - so now you know that I'm not moving up Auvergne way... BUT, I'm pretty sure we will be there for a few days this summer. DM me what dates you'll be in Texas because my Auvergne dates are pretty flexible :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha oh HSN - you were the best at that! Total natural. :) THANK YOU so much for the award - so sweet of you!! Also YAY for Katy moving to Austin! That is super awesome, I bet she's SO excited (Katy if you read this, CONGRATS!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...